Monday, November 15, 2010

The Week From Hell

This week: midterm pre-calc exam, research paper rough draft, history of modern India midterm due. When? Well the pre-calc exam was today, and it's already over with,thankfully, and I think I did fine. But the other two assignments are BOTH due tomorrow. The India midterm is an essay, almost half finished right now. The other paper....well, I haven't even finished doing the research let alone have anything written. Not to mention the myriad personal issues that keep coming up...ugh.

The good news: My professor for Epistemology (theory of knowledge) said that I can turn my research draft in a day late if I must, PLUS she gave me a lot of advice and help on writing my paper today, so thank you Professor Aarnio!

I've also applied for graduation, ordered copies of my transcripts, and started apps to 4 graduate schools in the UK: University of Liverpool, Newcastle University, University of Sheffield, and King's College London.

I'm thinking of going into journalism, which is something I wanted to do a couple of years ago, and then I found out UM doesn't have a journalism program. So it's off to graduate school to get a Masters in journalism instead! Hooray for life changes! Plus I'll get to go to England, which has been my dream for years.

3 comments:

  1. You've reminded me: I need to look about some graduation business.
    Huh.
    Well, anyway, going off to Britland for J school sounds amaze! I'm excited thinking of the accented men! I considered J school for awhile, then decided that it's probably wasn't the best route for me. I mean, it's not like we have to got to school to write? Right? Now, I'm more into an MFA in Creative Writing. But we will see.
    Be well! And I wish you the best on those papers!
    Ugh.

    -A-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add that I'm swaying for and against an MFA in Creative Writing. I'm not certain a writing grad program makes sense for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I hope I get an accent while I'm over there! I love English accents. <3 About the Creative Writing MFA--just make sure it's what you wanna do before you go, or else it will just be a waste of time and money. And thanks, I just have one more paper to go!

    ReplyDelete