Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Me Against the World

And I won! HA!

My day: Boring stuff, class, studying, blah blah, then comes time for pre-calc. We get the the exams that we took yesterday back today! I get a 72/100 which is curved to a B+. The median was 58/100. Yeah. What a great assessment of the class's skill. But wait! I check over the answers that were marked wrong on my test, find one that I think was incorrectly marked wrong, show my teacher, and I got it right. That gives me 3 more points, so now I get an A-! I was so afraid that I was going to fail this exam, and I got the best grade in the class.

Then I grab a bite from Panera and head over to the Aveda Institute to get my hair dyed dark brown again. My previous stylist graduated, so I had to try someone new this time, and boy was I sorely disappointed. The girl basically ripped my scalp apart with her nails, didn't rinse my hair properly, and the blow dried my hair while brushing it with her hand, tearing up my scalp even more! She was really nice though, and totally someone I'd be friends with, but just not my cup of tea when it comes to hair styling. I have really thin hair which is hard to work with, so perhaps she just didn't know how to handle it. The instructor that was checking her work was kind of an ass, too. Anyways, I left Aveda feeling not too great.

I hurry out to the bus stop thinking I'll be just in time for the bus, and its cold and raining outside so I'm glad that I won't have to wait long. I missed it. The next one wouldn't come for an hour. I go to the nearest campus building and try to get in. Locked. I go wait in the Michigan Union for awhile, and then a half hour later I go out, just to make sure that there wasn't a bus coming. And sure enough, there was one just reaching the nearest bus stop! I ran and caught up with it, helped along by a girl who was crossing the street in front of the bus so it couldn't leave yet, and made it to the doors. The bus driver opened the doors and told me the bus wasn't in service. Capital F. What luck! So I was like, eff you, you conniving little bus, I'm walking home. So I walked home. 2 miles, in the cold rain, without an umbrella, wearing ballet flats. As I reached my door and turned the key in the lock, I saw the bus pull up at the stop right in front of my subdivision. But I still beat it home, so eff you bus, I don't need you!

Then I got in the house and my wonderful boyfriend gave me a huuug and a kees, got my wet clothes off me, threw me in a hot shower, then rubbed me all dry and fluffy, put some warm clothes on me, made some hot tea and crumpets, plopped a kitty in my lap, and then settled me down on the couch to relax. Or at least that's what he said he would've done had he been home, but he's up-north for the week. The words were almost as good, though. :)

Now to write a research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment